Tri-State Christian School Admission Policy
The mission statement of TSCS declares that "Tri-State Christian School partners with parents to educate students from a biblical worldview for excellence in lifelong learning and Christian character." For this partnership to be successful, it is necessary for TSCS to limit enrollment to families whose beliefs and values are consistent with those described in the TSCS handbook and statement of faith.
Tri-State Christian School will consider for enrollment children who meet the following criteria:
- The parents and student are willing to abide by all TSCS policies.
- At least one parent has trusted in Christ as their Savior with subsequent evidence of such being demonstrated in their life.
- At least one parent is in agreement with the school's Statement of Faith.
- At least one parent is regular in attendance at a church whose doctrinal position is consistent with the school's Statement of Faith.
- If enrolling in high school, the student must declare his or her desire to attend TSCS, have trusted in Christ as Savior, and be regular in attendance at a church whose doctrinal position is consistent with the school's Statement of Faith.
- If transferring from another school or home school, the student’s transcript or achievement tests suggest that the student will be academically successful at TSCS.
- Applicants for kindergarten must be five (5) years of age and applicants for first grade must be six (6) years of age on or before August 15 of the school year.
No student shall be admitted who:
- has been expelled from high school,
- is on legal probation for breaking the law,
- has a known pattern of tobacco, alcohol, or drug use, or sexual activity, or
- has falsified any pertinent information on the application or on other records.
The families of potential students seeking admission to TSCS must also meet the following standards:
- The parent(s) or guardian(s) must have legal custody of the child(ren), and they must reside in that household for the majority of the time.
- The family must have at least one parent or guardian residing in the household. If there are two parents residing in the household, they must be a legally married man and woman. This is based upon the Biblical standards of marriage based on Romans 7:2-3, Matthew 19:5-6, and Ephesians 5:22-33.
An enrollment application must be completed for each potential student by the parent(s) or legal guardian of the child. All students must present evidence of readiness for the grade for which they are making application either by at least average performance on recent standardized tests or TSCS admissions tests. In addition, students must have passed the most recent grade level prior to application and provide supporting documents. If the student’s readiness is questionable, additional placement tests may be required at the Principal’s discretion.
Tri-State Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities accorded or made available to TSCS students. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of our educational policies, admissions procedures, scholarship awards, athletic or other school-administered programs. We do, however, reserve the right to deny admission to any individual who cannot benefit from enrollment based on past academic achievement, or whose personal or family lifestyle is not in harmony with the stated philosophy of Tri-State Christian School.
It is the responsibility of the Principal to evaluate all applications, interview new families, and determine grade placement. In some situations, the Principal may make exceptions to TSCS admissions policies with the approval of the Board.